Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Kamal Haasan on Vishwaroopam battle


Actor Kamal Haasan reacts on  Tamil Nadu government's appeal against High Court verdict that allows big-budget thriller 'Vishwaroopam' to release in the state.

Here are the highlights:

·        I've pledged all my property for the film.
·        The story setting is in Afghanistan. I wonder how it is about Indian Muslims.
·        Police have sent away fans asking for court order copy.
·        I've lost my house because of the delay in its release.
·        I've been made an instrument along with Muslim friends.
·        I do not know who is playing the game.
·        One man's money, his film is not important in terms of a nation.
·        I wonder how one movie could knock this mighty nation's unity.
·        I need a secular place to settle. If there's no secular place in India, I would go overseas.
·        After this I will have to seek a secular state for me to stay in - from Kashmir to Kerala - excluding Tamil Nadu... I will look for a state to stay.
·        If I cannot find in India, I will hopefully find another secular country that will take me in.
·        MF Hussain had to do it,  Haasan will do it.
·        I think Tamil Nadu wants me out.
·        I only want to stay in a secular state. However, that does not mean I will not make Tamil films.
·        I am not angry with my people.
·        I have the protection - it is only the free will to speak that is being denied.
·        I want to be a secular man.
·        I am not blaming one religion.  I am fed up. I am just an artiste, I am godless.
·        My fans will keep peace, and that includes a lot of Muslims.
·        I had shown the movie to my Muslim brothers as they are my brothers.
·        For the sake of this film, I have hawked my house to a moneylender.
·        My talent would remain with me.
·        I have full confidence in judiciary.
·        I've zero tax arrears.
·        I don't disown Tamil Nadu.

About the “Vishwaroopam” (in Tamil)

No comments:

Post a Comment