Thursday, January 31, 2013

Kamal's interview abt Vishwaroopam


The support for Kamal Haasan spiked today (Jan 31, 2013) with prominent film stars and directors in Chennai and Bollywood rallying around the actor-director whose film Vishwaroopam has been banned for two-weeks by the Tamil Nadu government. The actor has acknowledged this in his press conference today. Here are the highlights:
·It was very arrogant of me to say I was standing alone. You were with me, I am thankful to the media.
·A request to India, my Muslim, Jain brothers: we have a lot more work to do. This kind of squabbling will not take us forward.
·Don't disrespect artists; they are your ambassadors not politicians
·The amount of support I got from Muslims was unbelievable
·When my Muslim friends came and read their 'duas' and asked for me to forgive them, I was moved. That is true India.
·If this happens again, I would seriously think of leaving the country.
·I am not threatening, I am hurt. This is my country.
·Oscars are for Americans, I want to get Indian Awards. My films are made for Indian people.
·The only thing I want to clarify is that I am rational - for me not religion, it is people who matter.
·My only request to the government is that in case a few Muslims were arrested- it was because they were led by rabble rousing, they were pushed to anger by misinformation. They are my brothers I have nothing but love for them.
·Top stars hung around as if they were my production managers - asking me if I wanted tea or coffee.
· I am not saying sorry for saying I wanted to leave the country. I was angry, I still am.
·Why is it that we fall prey to divisions every time? I have had problems with Hindu brothers.
·Look at my films, do you see hate in it? How can people from my home state accuse me? That was the reason for my anger.
·So many of the Bollywood stars came forward. I must thank all of them.
·Islam is not targeting me. It is politics, not religion.
·I just thanked Jayalalithaa that she came forward. I think she has understood now. She is an artiste, she has come forward.

Tamil Nadu Chief Minister on Vishwaroopam controversy

No comments:

Post a Comment